"To Promote Conservation of Natural Resources through Education, Technical Assistance, & Stewardship."


Pipestone County Conservation & Zoning

119 2nd Ave. S.W. Suite #13

Pipestone, MN 56164


8:00am to 4:30pm  Monday - Friday

Phone: 507-825-1185

Fax: 507-825-6782

Pipestone County Board of Adjustments

Notice is hereby given that on Monday, May 8, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. the Pipestone County Board of Appeals will hold a public hearing in the Commissioners Room at the Pipestone County Courthouse on the application of Spronk Brothers III LLLP for a Variance.

Spronk Brothers III LLLP is requesting a Variance to construct three grain bins that will be located less than the required 100 feet from the center line of a township road. The property is located in the Northeast Quarter of Section 30 in Osborne Township (T-105-N and R-44-W) Pipestone County.

Persons attending the hearing will be given the opportunity to speak either for or against the variance appeal. Questions, call the Pipestone County Conservation and Zoning Office at 507-825-1185.

Data Practice Policy

If you are looking for specific information, we ask that you please read the Pipestone County Data Practices Policy and make a formal request as explained in the policy for the data you would like to obtain.

Board of Adjustments

Chairman - Curt Johnson
Vice Chair - Ryan Weinkauf
Member - Lloyd Wassink
Alternate - Tom Bobendrier

Township & City Officers

    • Dirt / Gravel
    • Concrete
    • Building
    • Cabinet
    • Drywall / Painters
    • Landscaping

    • Electrical
    • Plumbing
    • Septic
    • Well Repair
    • Manure Haulers
    • Commercial Applicators

Pipestone County Contractors
  When choosing a Contractor to complete your next project, we ask that you take the time and make sure that your contractor is Licensed for your protection. All Residential Building, Electrical, Plumbing, and Mechanical contractors are required to be licensed or bonded. We have compiled a list of both licensed and specialized professionals to assist you with your next project. Our Contractor list includes:

Building Permits! 
  Please take a few minutes and stop by our office to get your permit Prior to Construction. Fees will Double for all after the fact building permits.

A Land Use Permit is required for:

               1) Any new structure, Addition, or accessory structure.    

                   Such structures include but are not limited to: dwellings, additions, 

                   garage, storage sheds, grain bins, grain legs, and barns.  

              2) Moving a structure from one  location  to another. 

A Land Use Permit is not required for: 

               1) A deck that is not enclosed and does not have a roof. 

               2) New siding, windows, shingles, and interior remodeling.


               1) Township / County road:  100' from the center line of the road. 

               2) County State Aid road:  125' from the center line of the road. 

               3) State / Federal Hwy: 150' from the center line of the road.

               4) Side Yard and Rear Yard: Setbacks may vary based on Zoning District and type of structure.


For all Zoning Requirements and Setbacks, Please refer to the last page of the County ordinance or call our office.

Pipestone County's Website:


Planning Commission

Chairman - Bradley Kruisselbrink
Vice Chair -
Dan Miller
Secretary -
Travis Dethlefs
Member -
Dave Hulstein
Member -
Bruce Novak
Member -
Rodney Altena
Member -
Leon Mortland
Commissioner Rep. - 
Bruce Kooiman

Public Notice